Skip to main content
- The 6th Annual Global Health Economics Colloquium: Optimizing Intervention Portfolios to Achieve Global Health Goals
- Friday, May 3rd, 8:30am - 5:00pm, UCSF Genentech Hall, Mission Bay. Please RSVP.
- The National Library of Medicine will present their latest traveling exhibition, Surviving and Thriving: AIDS, Politics, and Culture at ZSFG! The exhibition explores the rise of AIDS in the early 1980s and the evolving response to the epidemic over the last 30 years. For more information contact the ZSFG Library at [email protected]
- Sunday, January 28 - Saturday, March 9, ZSFG Main Hospital, Building 25.
- Archives Talk: What Came Before? STIs among Men Who Had Sex with Men in California, 1945-1965
- January 10th, 12:00 - 1:15pm, 5th floor of Kalmanovitz Library on the Parnassus campus. Please RSVP.
- amfAR Institute for HIV Cure Research Summit: Clinical Trials, Community Voices
- November 28th, 1:00pm - 4:00pm, Mission Bay Conference Center. Please RSVP.
- The Next Frontier in Socio-Behavioral Science and Ethics Research on HIV Cure
- October 16th, UCSF Mission Hall Room 3700. No RSVP needed
- Co-hosted by Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, the Center for AIDS Research, and the amfAR Institute for Cure Research at the ARI.
- Closing the Gap between Rigor and Relevance: Methodological Opportunities for Implementation Science to Address the HIV Epidemic
- Hosted by CFAR, ARI, CAPS, IGHS, Division of HIVIDGM, and UC Berkeley School of Public Health
- Free event, September 28: 8:45am - 3:30pm. Please RSVP.
- Dr. Art Amman's photo series HIV: An Epidemic of Violence Against Women, on display - winner of Best in Show
- An Introduction to HIV Cure Research. May 17: 6:00pm
- Hosted by our Community Advisory Board, this interactive forum will provide an update on the latest in HIV cure research. All are welcome.
- Held at the Trans Pacific Centre, Cal State University, East Bay. 1000 Broadway, Suite 109, Oakland CA.
- 2018 CFAR Annual Scientific Symposium: Opioids and HIV. May 11: Please RSVP.
- The symposium will update the San Francisco Bay Area (HIV research) community on the opioid epidemic and the current state of the science, especially as it pertains to HIV.
- Free event on the UCSF Mission Bay campus.
- World Malaria Day at UCSF, Wednesday, April 25: 3:00pm. Please RSVP.
- Celebrate the pioneering work of premier malaria researchers in the Bay Area - featuring investigators from UCSF, Stanford, UC Berkeley, and more.
- Carr Auditorium at ZSFGH, reception to follow.
- Annual Bay Area HIV Health Disparities Symposium, Friday, March 23rd: Please RSVP
- A focus on HIV in the East Bay.
- IGHS Grand Rounds with Dr. Susan Meffert, Monday, March 19: 4:30pm
- UCSF Mission Bay Campus, Mission Hall 1401/1402
- Dr. Meffert is a global leader in the associations between violence, trauma and HIV among women in low resource settings.
- DEM Inter-Lab Meeting: Exciting new approaches to single cell RNA sequencing, January 22, 2018, 12p-1p.
- This month's meeting features Dr. Jimmie Ye, Assistant Professor, UCSF Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Institute for Human Genetics; and Dr. Matthew Settles, Director, UC Davis Bioinformatics Core Facility, Genome Center.
- ZSFG Building 3, 5th floor Room 505.
- Mentoring the Mentors Workshop for HIV Researchers, January 22-23, 2018: Please RSVP
- For mentors interested in nurturing early career investigators from diverse backgrounds in HIV research. Hosted by the UCSF-Gladstone CFAR.
- UCSF-Gladstone CFAR East Africa Symposium, January 17-18, 2018: Please RSVP
- Held in Kampala, Uganda, at the Infectious Diseases Institute at Makerere University, the symposium features emerging East African investigators and hosts a research proposal workshop
- AIDSVu Lunch and Learn, December 6, 2017: Please RSVP
- Please join us for lunch when Patrick Sullivan, Principal Scientist at AIDSVu, will lead a demonstration and discussion about mapping the HIV epidemic in the United States, followed by a Q&A about how you can put AIDSVu to use in your work and research. Hosted by the UCSF-Gladstone CFAR.
- HIV Cure Summit
- Join us on Tuesday, November 28th, for our amfAR Institute for HIV Cure Research Summit. Learn about our current cure research, hear from HIV+ clinical trial participants, and community perspectives.
- World AIDS Day 2017 Screening of Emmy-Winning "The End of AIDS?" and Panel Discussion
- Hosted by the Division of HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease, and Global Health, a screening of Emmy-Winning "The End of AIDS?" and panel discussion, featuring the groundbreaking work being done in San Francisco and Africa by UCSF, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, and the City of San Francisco to end the AIDS epidemic. RSVP here.
- Followed by a panel discussion hosted by Jeff Critchfield, MD, with special guests Steve Deeks, MD, Monica Gandhi, MD, Diane Havlir, MD, and San Francisco Supervisor, Jeff Sheehy.
- Merle Sande Memorial Lecture
- Come hear from world-class expert in the molecular biology of retrovirus replication, tyrosine kinases, and signal transduction pathways, Dr. Stephen Goff.