- Dr. Art Amman's photo series HIV: An Epidemic of Violence Against Women, on display - winner of Best in Show
- April 19 - June 1 at Marin Center
- World Malaria Day at UCSF, Wednesday, April 25: 3:00pm. Please RSVP.
- Celebrate the pioneering work of premier malaria researchers in the Bay Area - featuring investigators from UCSF, Stanford, UC Berkeley, and more.
- Carr Auditorium at ZSFGH, reception to follow.
- Annual Bay Area HIV Health Disparities Symposium, Friday, March 23rd: Please RSVP
- A focus on HIV in the East Bay.
- IGHS Grand Rounds with Dr. Susan Meffert, Monday, March 19: 4:30pm
- UCSF Mission Bay Campus, Mission Hall 1401/1402
- Dr. Meffert is a global leader in the associations between violence, trauma and HIV among women in low resource settings.
- DEM Inter-Lab Meeting: Exciting new approaches to single cell RNA sequencing, January 22, 2018, 12p-1p.
- This month's meeting features Dr. Jimmie Ye, Assistant Professor, UCSF Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Institute for Human Genetics; and Dr. Matthew Settles, Director, UC Davis Bioinformatics Core Facility, Genome Center.
- ZSFG Building 3, 5th floor Room 505.
- Mentoring the Mentors Workshop for HIV Researchers, January 22-23, 2018: Please RSVP
- For mentors interested in nurturing early career investigators from diverse backgrounds in HIV research. Hosted by the UCSF-Gladstone CFAR.
- UCSF-Gladstone CFAR East Africa Symposium, January 17-18, 2018: Please RSVP
- Held in Kampala, Uganda, at the Infectious Diseases Institute at Makerere University, the symposium features emerging East African investigators and hosts a research proposal workshop
- AIDSVu Lunch and Learn, December 6, 2017: Please RSVP
- Please join us for lunch when Patrick Sullivan, Principal Scientist at AIDSVu, will lead a demonstration and discussion about mapping the HIV epidemic in the United States, followed by a Q&A about how you can put AIDSVu to use in your work and research. Hosted by the UCSF-Gladstone CFAR.
World AIDS Day Events, Week of November 27, 2017:
- HIV Cure Summit
- Join us on Tuesday, November 28th, for our amfAR Institute for HIV Cure Research Summit. Learn about our current cure research, hear from HIV+ clinical trial participants, and community perspectives.
- World AIDS Day 2017 Screening of Emmy-Winning "The End of AIDS?" and Panel Discussion
- Hosted by the Division of HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease, and Global Health, a screening of Emmy-Winning "The End of AIDS?" and panel discussion, featuring the groundbreaking work being done in San Francisco and Africa by UCSF, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, and the City of San Francisco to end the AIDS epidemic. RSVP here.
- Followed by a panel discussion hosted by Jeff Critchfield, MD, with special guests Steve Deeks, MD, Monica Gandhi, MD, Diane Havlir, MD, and San Francisco Supervisor, Jeff Sheehy.
- Merle Sande Memorial Lecture
- Come hear from world-class expert in the molecular biology of retrovirus replication, tyrosine kinases, and signal transduction pathways, Dr. Stephen Goff.